Exercise Medicine International provides evidence-based, safe and targeted Tai Chi, Qigong and other exercise therapy courses for prevention, management and rehabilitation of chronic conditions, injury and fall, and improvement of mental and physical health and the quality of life for all populations.
The courses have been approved, accredited or supported by American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), California Physical Therapy Association (CPTA), Texas Physical Therapy Association (TPTA), New York State Occupational Association, Texas Occupational Therapy Association (TOTA), Australian & New Zealand Falls Prevention Society, AUSactive, Exercise Medicine Australia and other national and international governing bodies for continuing education and professional development for healthcare and exercise professionals.
Each program is a stand-alone course. Upon completion of a course, participants will receive 15-17 CEC/CPD/CCUs or 1.5 CEUs for continuing education and professional development and certification to practice or teach the program in healthcare, community or residential settings.
The CEC/CPD courses approved by American College of Sports Medicine and other professional governing bodies include:
- The Tai Chi for Health and Fall Prevention Program (15 CPD/CECs)
- The Tai Chi for Mental Health and Cognition Program (15 CPD/CECs)
- The Clinical Tai Chi for Rehabilitation Program (15 CPD/CECs)
- The Tai Chi for Cardiopulmonary Health Program (15 CPD/CECs)
- The Tai Chi for Healthy Body Healthy Mind Program (15 CPD/CECs)
- The Qigong for Health and Fitness Program (15 CPD/CECs)
- The Tai Chi for Pain Management Program (15 CPD/CECs)